The City of Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Training & Development Leadership Academy
The Training & Development Leadership Academy Program provides City Leaders with a unique opportunity to sharpen their skills and increase their contribution to organizational excellence and growth. Leaders will be empowered to take charge of their professional development by pursuing a clear path to leadership training that’s right for their agencies and their careers. DHR Training & Development understands that our managers and supervisors are among our most valuable assets.
The Training & Development Leadership Academy Program is based on a two tier, three model setup that capitalizes on employees’ different bodies of knowledge. The models vary in curriculum and price schedule. At each tier and within each model, the participants’ leadership effectiveness, core knowledge, and critical skills are assessed for leadership success. The multi-faceted, comprehensive curriculum offered is created to build skills capacity throughout the enterprise at a faster pace. Through this program, participants will be able to tap into the knowledge and expertise of subject matter experts, while developing strategies for driving individual, team, and organizational results. Through our time-efficient, highly practical curriculum, leaders will gain the tools and lessons needed to delegate effectively and communicate in a productive manner. In addition, they gain experience in employee development, using authority appropriately, and managing time and priorities.
Strong leaders make strong organizations. Leadership is a continual process of developing skills and expertise to meet evolving challenges and demands. Each session is tailored to meet the needs of the participants and provide an immediate return on investment.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Create high-performing teams to improve individual and team problem solving strategies
- Develop strategies for successfully managing complex relationships and solving intricate, multidimensional problems
- Sharpen your coaching and performance management skills to determine the appropriate leadership style to motivate employees and teams and promote employee engagement and retention
- Enhance core business function skills that are critical to the success of the enterprise, including: strategy, marketing, finance, sustainability, operations, supply chain
- Enrich mid-level management skills, including: leadership, decision making, innovation, negotiation, and change management
- Understand interpersonal styles to understand how interactions can influence others in the work setting. Identify skills related to oral communication, customer service, and stress management in order to cultivate and maintain productive interpersonal relationships
- Gain essential knowledge and practical applications of city-wide policies and procedures
- Build peer networks across agencies while working with other new managers and supervisors
File(s) available on this page for download requires special software to view. If you do not have that software, you can obtain it from the following source(s): Portable Document Format (PDF): https://get.adobe.com/reader/