The City of Baltimore takes an evidence based approach to employee wellness. Our newly re-designed program is built on best practices from industry leaders such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC); Wellness Councils of America (WELCOA), The Health Enhancement Research Organization (HERO) and the American Journal of Health Promotion. Our objectives include:
1. Fostering a supportive work environment that strives to make the healthy choice the easy choice.
2. Providing employees with meaningful skill building opportunities along with health education to increase the likelihood of adopting healthy behaviors.
3. Consistently providing opportunities for employees to give feedback that helps guide the program.
4. Ensuring that employees feel safe engaging in wellness at the worksite, whether it be in a class or online.
5. Providing employees with an opportunity to receive incentives for engaging in healthy behaviors and disease prevention.