The City of Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Through strategic partnerships and collaborations, DHR ensures human resources services, policies, procedures, and systems are properly aligned with the City's aim to be an employer of choice. By attracting, developing and retaining a high performing and diverse workforce, DHR guides City Agencies to foster a healthy, safe, and productive work environment for employees, their families, and the community.
Transitioning the Department of Human Resources into a visionary and strategically-driven organization that effectively supports the mission of the City of Baltimore through:
- Proactive, efficient, customer-focused Human Resources service delivery;
- Focused investments in supporting Human Resources technologies and best practices; and
- A culture of high performance and innovation.
DHR CORE VALUES & OPERATING PRINCIPLES
- Promote Integrity and Accountability – We honor our commitments and conduct business in a manner that promotes fairness, respect, honesty, and trust. We take responsibility for our actions.
- Embrace change, creativity, and innovation – We are committed to and proactively encourage, creativity and innovation for the purpose of driving growth. We demonstrate not only the flexibility to adapt to change, but also the energy and drive to initiate and lead it.
- Encourage Strategic Thinking and Execution - We understand and set goals that align with the strategic direction of the City’s business. We adjust priorities and objectives as necessary to remain aligned. We execute against strategic priorities.
- Champion Employee Development - We are committed to maximizing the potential and wellness of every employee and to support and promote the City as a learning organization.
- Model Leadership - We lead by example and advocate equitable treatment in our behaviors, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Demonstrate Effective Communication - We demonstrate strong two-way (listening and speaking) communication skills. We convey information and ideas in an open, articulate, and timely manner and provide others (direct reports, peers, supervisors) with the information they need to stay informed and effectively do their jobs.
- Produce Quality Results - We believe those we serve deserve excellent service and quality results.